Thank you for your interest in the UPS fest, 2. natjecanje kućnih pivara organized by Udruga Pivara Sjever, Mursko Središće.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered.
If you are willing to judge or steward, please return to register on or after Sunday 1 April, 2018 01:00, CEST.
Prvo natjecanje kućnih pivara u organizaciji Udruge Pivara Sjever. Pravila:
1. All categories specified in BJCP 2015 guidelines will be accepted except meads, braggots and ciders. Only grain based beers.
2. People can enter a maximum of 1 beer per sub category with a maximum of 3 entries total. Different beers can be entered into separate sub categories of the same category, so, for instance, the same person can enter a Dark Mild (subcategory 13A) and an English Porter (subcategory 13C), but they cannot enter 2 English Porters.
If we have not reached our entry limit after 1 week, the entry limit per person will be raised to 4. After 2 weeks if we still have room for more entries, we will raise the limit to 5 entries per person. The entry limit per person will not go over 5 for any reason.
3. 3 bottles of each entry must be supplied in either 33 or 50 cl sizes. ONLY these sizes will be accepted. You can mix and match if needed, entering some bottles as 33 cl and some as 50 cl. 3 bottles MUST be entered.
4. Beer must be packaged in bottles with no markings of any kind. No raised glass, no logos, no labels, no marks on the cap. If the cap has marks on it, black them out with a marker before entering.
5. Each beer must have a bottle ID form attached to it with a rubber band. Do NOT use tape or glue, DO NOT use metal wire to attach the form, ONLY a rubber band.
6. Each entrant must also supply an entry form. In addition to this, users must file their entry form digitally. Online registration will be open from 27.07.2017. on: http://www.u-p-s.hr/natjecanje/ Entry forms and bottle ID forms MUST be printed out from the registration system.
7. The deadline for entries is August 5th, 2017. All entries must be received by 23:55h CEST on that day.
For people residing inside of Croatia, no late entries will be allowed. No exceptions.
For people traveling long distances to attend the show from outside of the country, they can get special permission to hand in their entries the day before competition, August 11th, by 20:00h CEST, but they must ask for permission ahead of time and get approval. If they do not get this approval, their entries will not be processed. To ask for permission for late entry, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. No beers will be accepted into the competition that were produced by a commercial brewery. This includes very small, home based breweries that sell their beers commercially, even on a small scale. No exceptions.
9. Beers must be delivered to Caffe bar Sloboda, Ognjena Price 34. Varazdin 42000. Fees must be paid when beers are delivered or they will not be accepted.
10. Categories will be consolidated. So, it is likely that all Porters will be judged together and all Stouts will be judged together with all other Stouts, for example. Judges will judge the beers against the category in which they are entered, though. So, an Irish Stout that is made perfectly to style will get a very good score while a Foreign Extra Stout which is a better beer but tastes like a Belgian Dark Strong Ale and not a Stout will score lower.
11. With that in mind, please make sure you enter the correct category. We will not be reassigning beers. They will be judged in the category in which they are entered. If you enter an Imperial Stout as a Belgian Dark Strong Ale instead, you get a very, very low score even if the beer is good.
12. The entry fee for each entry is 20 kuna, 3 euros or £2. No other currency will be accepted.
13. This competition will be registered with the BJCP and will follow that style of judging. All judges will have had sensory training with a Sensory Flavor Kit. Judges cannot judge in categories in which they are entered. We will do blind judging. Judges will not know whose beer they are judging, so don't be shy about entering a beer that you need feedback on. Competition is a good way to get a critique of your beer that can help you improve as a brewer. Nobody will know about your scoresheets unless you tell them.
14. Competitors can view their scores on the same day as the competition by logging into the competition website and viewing their entries. After the competition, scoresheets will either be scanned and e-mailed to each competitor or sent via regular post. This process takes some time, though, so please be patient. It may take 2-4 weeks.
15. The winners of respective consolidated categories will be chosen in final rounds by the most experienced judges. For example, we judge IPAs over the course of 7 days. From each judging session the best entries are promoted to the final round. There they are evaluated again for final results, but without re-adjusting the scores on the scoresheets.
16. Winners of each consolidated category advance to the Best of Show round where the overall winner of the competition will be decided.
17. Medals will be awarded for Best of Show winner as well as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each consolidated category. There will be additional prizes awarded, but note that heavy items will not be shipped.
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.
Udruga Pivara Sjever is proud to have the following sponsors for the UPS fest, 2. natjecanje kućnih pivara .
Becker's Craft Brewery